Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Devotion

Have decided to take a litte step forward towards God. I have just finished doing devotion for the first time after so many years. I feel quite bad actually. I don't even know if I'm doing it the right way.

How to do you do it anyway? When I read the verse, I think of what I've done and how it's related to this verse. Then I think about why I did that. And then I think about the definition of, example, gossiping. What's gossiping?

Is telling everyone something bad but true about someone gossiping? Like if this person did not do anything to help when an old lady fell down or something. And you happened to be there (but you helped) while that person just be like, "Stupid old lady should have sit down or walked properly"

And you feel so shocked that you go to school the next day, and you can't take it anymore, so you tell a friend about it. And slowly the news spreads. Does that count as gossiping? I have no idea.

So, anyway, as I was saying, (about my devotion) I think I'm doing it all wrong. Devotions are supposed to be reflective and like full of guilt and remorse or something. It isn't supposed to be like a question, right?

I mean when I started penning down my thoughts of that verse, I found myself writing like I'm blogging/writting my diary. But the question and topic still rotates around the verse. Although it isn't as reflective as other people's devotion are.

Someone tell my how to do devotion.

No comments :

Post a Comment